EMEA Payroll Specialist
Posted Aug 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 106081
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an aggressive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, and news and media services nurtures innovation and empowers clients and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
What’s the role?
We are currently looking for an EMEA Payroll Specialist to join the team in London. Within this role you will be expected to process regional payroll operations, whilst ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance through the research, development and administration of efficient payroll policies and operating procedures. You are happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of our team's work. Most of all, they are client-service oriented with excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership for the delivery of EMEA Payroll to the Company Service Level Agreements for accuracy and timeliness as well as full compliance with legislation, company policy and control procedures.
- Partner with external vendors to ensure payroll deliverables are compliant, accurate and on time
- Continuously look to improve the efficiency of day-to-day payroll operations through work processes improvements.
- Administration of payroll related details on HR/Payroll system.
- Performing reconciliations and audit tasks for monthly payrolls.
- Development and maintenance of good working relationships with the vendor’s payroll, tax and benefits providers.
- Accurate transmission of banking payments and bank accounts reconciliation.
- Providing high level of customer service via Payroll Help Desk, e-mails and in person on a variety of queries of varying complexity.
- Advising on compensation, benefits and tax related issues.
- Working in collaboration with Finance, Treasury, Human Resources and Engineering Teams on project initiatives and other system enhancements & testing as and when required.
You’ll need to have:
- EMEA Payroll legislation knowledge.
- Working knowledge of a Payroll/HR system.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in every aspect of the role is essential.
- Ability to deal with complex issues, identify solutions and implement them under pressure.
- A proactive team player who can add value whilst meeting tight daily, weekly, monthly and annual deadlines.
- Customer service skills are paramount, with a desire to continually seek improvement of the service to all (internal and external) customers.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
We’d love to see:
- A recognised Payroll qualification or a desire to study for it.
- Knowledge of Workday and/or Peoplesoft software system.
- Experience / participation in projects using agile methodology & JIRA Board
- Additional language skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org