Senior Business Intelligence and Marketing Analyst
Posted Aug 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 106149
Bloomberg’s Management and Enterprise Business Intelligence team continually improves our Product and Sales teams’ ability to make data-driven decisions through speed, transparency, and extraordinary customer service. We firmly believe our people are at the core of our success. Our people arm our client-facing teams with data to optimise their prospecting and retention efforts. We enable Product teams to build better by providing them with deep insights into customer behaviour. We help the News organisation identify and explain long-term trends in readership, and we provide Bloomberg senior management with predictive analytics to improve revenue forecasting. And – that’s just a sampling of projects from a typical week!
We’re looking for a Senior Business Intelligence and Marketing Analyst to join our team. You love to uncover insights using data, and balance quantitative and qualitative skills to solve real business challenges. You are excited about partnering with product, marketing, and sales managers to help them better understand their audience and opportunities for growth – from basic function usage to deeper analysis that identifies new methods for driving adoption and identifying leads.
Our team is passionate about using data and analysis to help find opportunities through narrow targeting, profiling, and segmentation. We partner with product managers, COOs, CFOs, Sales, and more to promote adoption, retention, and deeper engagement with our products.
We'll trust you to:
- Assume responsibility for marketing analytics function across Statistical Analysis (Campaign inception, performance measurement and optimisation) and Advanced Analytics (Segmentation, Predictive modelling, Forecasting)
- Evaluate our customer data models and develop segmentation, predictive models representing customer behaviour
- Understand our business drivers, assess, and scope projects, incorporate relevant levers, and prepare data driven recommendations on business strategies with the appropriate levels of detail.
- Project manage - plan projects with realistic goals, resources, actions and dates, influence, delegate tasks to project teams, coach team to achieve project landmarks, anticipate and communicate potential project management risks and raises to management
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years'* progressive professional experience in marketing analytics, multivariate modelling, segmentation, quantitative methods, database, and digital data
- 4+ years* of advanced SQL skills and experience working with relational databases, knowledge of big data systems such as Hadoop, and previous work in programming languages such as R or Python
- Expertise in data visualisation software tools (e.g. Qliksense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and Web Analytics Tools (Google analytics, Omniture etc) and the shown ability to learn and master new tools quickly
- Knowledge of statistics, A/B testing, multivariate testing
- Advanced analytics techniques such as segmentation and predictive modelling and other machine learning techniques
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities quickly
- Analyse large data sets to develop critical insights, such as identifying target audience segments for lead generation and/or marketing campaigns, and collaborate with business units on long-term planning, policy development, and problem resolution
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Phenomenal written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills with a proven track record in presenting findings to C-suite executives and other senior management
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com