European Commodities Editor - Frankfurt
Posted Aug 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 106215
**This role is available in London, Berlin or Frankfurt
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced editor to join our EMEA Energy and Commodities team. The successful candidate will play a key role in our coverage of everything from the region's gas crisis to climate policy, food shortages, the LME, OPEC+ and the energy transition. From fast breaking news to weekend enterprise, there's huge opportunity and variety for an ambitious editor.
We are looking for someone with a proven record of handling breaking and fast-moving copy under deadline pressure. The successful candidate will also help edit enterprise stories, brainstorm ideas with other team members and help join the dots in our coverage. You will work with a highly-motivated reporters, helping them turn scoops and deep expertise into blockbuster stories.
We'll count on you to:
- Handle breaking news, from Russia cutting off the gas to gold-price moves
- Make sure that stories on the front page hit all the relevant themes
- Help in our effort to communicate and collaborate across bureaus, teams and into other regionsHelp elevate our writing across the group; nurture young talent
You'll need to have:
- An agile and deft touch with copy and headlines
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to learn. The beat is broad and you'll have to acquire some technical knowledge
- An innovative approach to coverage, including non-traditional formats
If this sounds like you, apply today!
We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com