Team Leader of Workplace Operations - APAC, Tokyo
Posted Aug 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 106257
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insights. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Here at Bloomberg, our employees' experience is a top priority. We’re known for providing outstanding customer service, and an experience that's consistent with our brand - outstanding and magnificent. Our team is central in this effort by providing platinum support to 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We are a critical component of our robust customer engagement philosophy and are particularly important given the agile design of our building. It is our responsibility to ensure the entire experience is consistently handled with outstanding service.
What's the role:
Bloomberg's APAC Facilities team is responsible for the Facilities management of all local offices, including daily interaction with vendors and internal Bloomberg staff at all levels and coordinating / ensuring organizational processes and procedures are followed. We are looking for a Workplace Operations Team Leader to focus on people management and development for the APAC facilities team. The individual will foster a diverse and inclusive work environment by demonstrating inclusive leadership, seeking out diverse points of view, and supporting the execution of new ideas. As a Team Leader, this individual will promote a positive environment through respectful communication and clearly articulates vision, hypotheses, desired outcomes, planned success measures, interdependencies, and priorities.
We'll trust you to:
- Focus on people development, build cohesive teams and ensure team is appropriately skilled to deliver initiatives through coaching/training efforts.
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment by demonstrating inclusive leadership, seeking out diverse points of view, and supporting the execution of new ideas.
- Owns resource allocation.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for their teams to guide professional career development discussions.
- Accountable for helping define metrics, measure teams performance and ensures facilities teams are delivering roadmap initiatives & KTLO (Keep the Lights On) activities.
- Has a strong understanding of the Business/stakeholder needs and strategic roadmap (i.e., join Sprint Reviews and Refinements, regularly meet with the Product Owners).
- Partner with Workplace Operations Product Owners to better understand the roadmap and receive feedback to ensure the product strategy aligns with resource capability.
- Responsible for recruiting initiatives, hiring diverse skills to ensure teams can deliver on sprint goals
- Evaluate each team members progress and contribution through regular check-ins and formal performance reviews, soliciting feedback from stakeholders, Product Owner's Team Lead, Scrum Master and Scrum Team.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years recent experience in a leadership role, with a proven track record of performance/talent management
- Experience in executing and communicating change management strategy
- Experience working with senior stakeholders on APAC regional level
- A team player with strong interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills
- Superior customer service and people skills with emphasis on maintaining relationship with colleagues and stakeholders
- Proven experience in driving continuous improvements projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and able to develop excellent customer/supplier working relationships
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Inclusive leadership in driving collaboration and innovation
- Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to work with agility
- Proven continuous career growth within an organisation
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 10 years+ experience in corporate facilities management or leadership experience from real estate industry
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match. We'll get in contact with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.