Network System Reliability Server Engineer
Posted Aug 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 106314
As a Network System Reliability Engineer, you will join a team that supports our global data distribution servers. You'll work closely with Software Developers, System & Network Engineers and support teams for planning, implementation and reliability of our global Network infrastructure. Key aspects of this role also include planning for compute capacity, rolling out software and using the latest automation technologies to provide standardized processes and troubleshooting tools to our operation teams. You will work with our partners to ensure that we are aligned with business strategy and best practices.
We???ll Trust You To:
- Continuously refine processes and procedures with a focus on standardizing the work and shifting it to our operational support teams.
- Contribute to our CI/CD frameworks and pipeline
- Draft process flow charts & procedures, perform capacity planning, and implement changes
- Resolve critical issues
- Enhance our monitoring and alerting solutions
You’ll Need To Have:
- Experience in programming (Python preferred) and a good understanding of software development methodologies, open source systems and familiarity with Git repositories
- Ability to build and maintain Linux systems through automation software (e.g. SALT, CHEF, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Familiarity with NMS protocols, data structures and modeling (YAML, JSON, XML, Netconf/Yang, API, Jinga, SNMP, Syslog)
- Experience with implementing and maintaining SQL databases
- Eagerness to work within a group and share knowledge
We’d Love To See:
- Experience with Web frameworks (REACT, Angular, DJANGO)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administrator level of competency
- Experience using Agile (e.g. Kanban or Scrum)
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana and packet trace analysis tools (e.g. wireshark)
- Hands on experience with cloud service providers Microsoft Azure, GCP and AWS(EC2, VPC, NLB, CloudWatch)
- 3+ years of computer science experience in the field
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com