2023 Analytics & Sales Internship for 2024 Analytics & Sales Graduate Programme (Tagalog Speaker)
Posted Aug 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 106395
Bloomberg is the market leader in providing high-quality data, news and analytics to professionals in business, finance and government. With over 19,000 employees in 176 locations around the world we are a truly global organization entering new markets, launching ventures and pushing boundaries. The transparency Bloomberg brings to the financial markets is integral to our culture, our offices and our interactions with one another. We're measured by the quality of our contributions, not by a title. We don't need an open-door policy- we sit in open work spaces, shoulder-to-shoulder.
Who we look for
You have an understanding of the drivers behind market moving stories and events. You're a solution-finder, with a real passion for providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment. With a desire to build a career in a client-facing role, you understand the importance of credibility and building relationships. Join our comprehensive Analytics & Sales summer internship program, where you will rotate between both departments over the course of ten weeks, gaining an insight into what our graduate role has to offer!
What is the role?
It’s rare to find a role that gives you such early exposure to global financial market participants. Our Analytics and Sales program offers you the unrivalled opportunity to join our team, where you are depended upon to provide fast and accurate solutions to incoming client queries. The support we give to clients is a key aspect of Bloomberg’s value proposition and you will play a critical role here. Partake in our comprehensive training program, covering all aspects of the financial markets: economic principles, market players and asset classes - while teaching you all there is to know about the functionality and analytical tools Bloomberg has to offer. Upon a successful period in Analytics, you’ll have the platform to further your career across the company. The majority of Analytics members take up opportunities within our Enterprise Sales team. In this role you will be working with existing and new clients to increase Bloomberg’s engagement and presence through offering market leading solutions. You’ll play an important part in maintaining Bloomberg’s position as a market leader and driving business growth. You will support the top decision makers in the world of finance, government and business across APAC.
We provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximize the value of Bloomberg. We’re a calm voice in a busy, volatile market. Our clients rely on us to support them in making better, faster decisions using the power of Bloomberg Professional Services. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages. From educating a portfolio manager on Bloomberg’s risk management solutions to helping a trader discover new sources of market liquidity – the variety of problems we solve is immense. Bloomberg plays a critical role in the workflow of our clients therefore when we’re asked a question we strive to exceed their expectations by providing a timely, accurate and quality service. Analytics works in conjunction with Enterprise Sales to deliver on strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and on-boarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter. Bloomberg is constantly innovating and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively reaching out to up-skill clients through technology, on-site training and seminars.
In Sales, we're the face of Bloomberg for our clients. Consultative and entrepreneurial, we’re responsible for managing client relationships, whilst striving to continually grow our revenue by identifying new business opportunities. We work collaboratively across departments to ensure the company continues to innovate and develop our product as well as ensuring we’re delivering the best customer service. We spend our time with our clients, understanding their business goals and outpacing their expectations. Guided by curiosity and purpose, we work to understand their workflows and advise on the most appropriate Bloomberg solutions for them from across our range of enterprise offerings. We work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing market and to be successful, it’s crucial we stay one step ahead, knowing our customers, pre-empting their needs and presenting them with ground breaking solutions, before they even know they need them. We’re discovering new business leads by making prospecting calls and networking. The Enterprise sales team is relied upon to defend our position as a market leader in their respective regions and contribute to year-on-year growth. Colleagues from across the company depend on us to communicate new solutions and Bloomberg offerings to the market. We demonstrate how Bloomberg will help our clients make the best investment/trading/business decisions, making their day to day business smoother and more profitable.
Completing our 2023 Summer Internship program (10 weeks between May to July 2023) is an integral and important part of the assessment process for our 2024 Graduate Program.
The summer internship program consists of:
- A week of classroom based financial product and functionality training, to broaden your knowledge of the global financial markets and our market leading Bloomberg solutions. After your training, you'll join a team where you'll immediately begin collaborating with interns on Analytics and Sales projects.
- You'll have the opportunity to interact with clients, making valuable contributions by taking part in sales campaigns, promoting product features and prospecting for new business. Hands-on individual and group projects will allow you to experience how your full-time career could evolve.
- To round out your experience, you'll attend lunch and learn sessions, designed to teach you about our diversified group, and there will be plenty of opportunities to meet Bloomberg leaders at a variety of networking events. Of course, we also want to give you the chance to get to know your peers, so you'll also take part in volunteering activities and social events with interns from other departments.
This is an entry level role where you'll need:
- To be a current penultimate year tertiary student who will be available for a 10 weeks summer internship from May to July 2023, and will be available to start their full-time employment with us in 2024
- A demonstrable interest in financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry (example: academic course or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in sales
- A customer service and solution focused mindset with a high degree of interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management exposure through school or work/internship
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- The resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Business proficiency and fluency in English and Tagalog to manage the respective clients
We’d love to see:
- Work experience in a client facing role
- Interest in technology and/or programming
This is a future opportunity for our 2024 graduate hiring program with a 2023 summer internship opportunity.
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match.
Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.