2023 Software Engineer
Posted Aug 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 106416
As a Bloomberg engineer, you will impact the real world by solving complex problems in an ever-evolving market. Our engineers sit at the centre of finance and tech where people and machines will challenge your ideas and push your engineering skills to the next level.
We work in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented environment that rolls new software out daily. Our code is used every day by leading business and finance clients across the globe that help shape the financial markets.
Ahead of joining your full-time team, you will attend a multi-week, on-boarding program, learning the ins and outs of our technology stack and how to be a successful software engineer in our dynamic and innovative environment. You’ll be exposed to new technology while simultaneously building a strong network of friends and colleagues. Mentorship is key at Bloomberg, so you will be connected with software engineers who will serve as guides and support you along the way.
This is how you'll make an impact:
- Taking ownership of the full development cycle
- Partnering with clients and other developers to design, build and roll out solutions that will optimize complex workflows
- Leveraging your knowledge of data structures and algorithms and problem solving skills
- Fostering an inclusive workforce
- Collaborating with members of your team
You'll need to have:
- This position requires at least one of the following:
a) A degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or
b) An equivalent combination of education, and/or
c) Specialised training, and/or
d) Related professional experience.
- Full medical, dental, vision and travel insurance coverage
- Group personal pension plan with generous matching contribution
- Tuition reimbursement and access to internal learning and development platform
- 25 days of paid vacation, eight paid bank holidays and unlimited paid sick days
Wellbeing rewards, including but not limited to: discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts. We invite you to learn about our comprehensive employee benefits by clicking the link below:
Bloomberg is a global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that inspires each employee to bring their full authentic self to the greater Bloomberg community.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.