Commodity Index Sales
New York, NY
Posted Aug 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 106746
Bloomberg Index Sales Specialist – Commodity Index Sales Specialist
Bloomberg offers a diverse range of fixed income, commodity, currency and equity indices. With extensive asset coverage, a strong history of innovation, and objective and transparent rules, Bloomberg indices are widely used as a source for portfolio construction and performance comparison. We offer an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies, index administration and calculation agent services. Bloomberg indices are driven by the same trusted reference data, pricing and analytical calculations that are leveraged throughout the investment process.
What’s the role?
As a Commodity Index Sales Specialist you will be a key driver of the commercial strategy for the BCOM Bloomberg Commodity Indices, working closely with clients, sales, research and product management to deliver solutions and develop business opportunities. The role bridges two key components, both providing coverage for general Index participants in a US regional territory as well as working closely with other regional index sales specialists to seek wider adoption and increased penetration of Bloomberg Commodity Index products in all America’s based key client segments: Asset Owners, Insurance, Consultants, Asset Managers and Banks.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key influencers in the Commodity community and provide them with consultative, commercially focused index solutions. You'll be involved in all aspects of account management, including senior level relationship management and in-depth discussions regarding Bloomberg index methodology and new product development.
You will be a key source for future Index product strategy, having input on the entire product life cycle. The role will require you to collaborate with both Bloomberg Index Product, Research, Engineering and Marketing to develop client-focused solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build senior level relationships with many of the top institutional investment firms in the world
- Conduct in-depth discussions regarding Bloomberg index methodology and new product requirements
- Increase client usage and adoption of our Bloomberg Indices
- Take a lead role in conducting internal and external training sessions and sales pitches
- Work with clients throughout the sales process including commercial terms and contract execution
- Collaborate extensively with different internal teams to cross-sell our suite of solutions
- Provide detailed product feedback from clients to internal business managers in an effort to continually improve our products
- Travel extensively to meet with clients and prospects
You’ll need to have:
- An astute commercial mind-set, working to exceed sales metrics
- Demonstrable ability to identify new prospects and build and maintain solid client relationships
- Solid experience working in, or selling to the buy-side i.e. pension funds, investment advisors or mutual funds, or alternatively, experience in financial engineering/structuring
- Excellent client communication skills in conversational speech, writing, and public speaking
- Aptitude to excel in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Ability to creatively market our product to a vast demographic of potential clients
- A self-starter and dedicated collaborator with strong multi-tasking skills
- Deep knowledge of Commodity Markets and experience of work with clients in this space
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/indices/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.