Global Head of Growth Strategy
New York, NY
Posted Aug 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 106758
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
We’re seeking a Global Head of Growth Strategy to join our Consumer Marketing team, reporting to our Global Head of Consumer Marketing and Growth. As our Global Head of Growth Strategy, you will own the overall strategy and operations for new subscription products within Bloomberg Media, including group subscriptions, international subscriptions and more, with the overall goal of driving revenue across target consumer and BTB audiences.
You will be charged with both growth planning for existing subscription products, as well as identifying new business opportunities, including revenue sizing, determining market positioning, leading competitive analyses, identifying target customers, optimizing pricing, building sales enablement resources, partnering with product teams on feature prioritization, shaping external communications and more. You will collaborate with executive leadership to identify new areas of investment, and help set roadmaps for prioritization.
You will be a seasoned strategist and operator who knows how to manage cross-functional teams of marketing, product, sales, analytics, finance and more, from strategy development to launch to ongoing maintenance and optimization. For both consumer facing and BTB subscription products, you will lead the overall go-to-market strategy, focusing on tactics across the entire user funnel to acquire and retain subscribers. You will develop these strategies by leveraging data and insights, research, and market opportunity analysis.
You will be equally adept at architecting overall strategy and actively managing day-to-day operations within a highly-matrixed organization. You will have a consistent track record of developing and leading go-to-market plans, delivering measurable results and driving revenue growth.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Build and mentor a best-in-class growth strategy team.
- Own the strategy for new subscriptions products within the consumer marketing portfolio.
- Build growth marketing plans by applying analytics and insights to build an omni-channel strategy to reach business goals.
- Develop and manage engagement strategies to drive up use of subscriptions, particularly in the BTB space.
- Identify marketing opportunities that drive conversion and retention across myriad global and BTB target audiences, including efficiently balancing when to scale or customize marketing across those audiences.
- Identify and effectively manage regional vendors.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 10+ years of growth strategy experience.
- Experience in marketing B2B and B2C subscriptions
- Deep understanding of subscription-driven business models and marketing, preferably in the media & entertainment industry.
- 8+ years of experience leading and developing teams.
- Experience building trust and driving alignment with cross-functional teams.
- Experience presenting business plans and reporting results to senior leadership.
- Exceptional operational and project management skills.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).