2023 Software Engineer - Frankfurt
Posted Sep 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 108252
As a Bloomberg engineer, you will impact the real world by solving complex problems in an ever-evolving market. Our engineers sit at the centre of finance and tech where people and machines will challenge your ideas and push your engineering skills to the next level.
We work in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented environment that rolls new software out daily. Our code is used every day by leading business and finance clients across the globe that help shape the financial markets.
Ahead of joining your full-time team, you will attend a multi-week, on-boarding program, learning the ins and outs of our technology stack and how to be a successful software engineer in our dynamic and innovative environment. You’ll be exposed to new technology while simultaneously building a strong network of friends and colleagues. Mentorship is key at Bloomberg, so you will be connected with software engineers who will serve as guides and support you along the way.
This is how you'll make an impact:
- Taking ownership of the full development cycle
- Partnering with clients and other developers to design, build and roll out solutions that will optimize complex workflows
- Leveraging your knowledge of data structures and algorithms and problem solving skills
- Fostering an inclusive workforce
- Collaborating with members of your team
You'll need to have:
- This position requires at least one of the following:
- We’re incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
- Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation in the financial markets.
- Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
- Since 2021 we’ve been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to foster team spirit and collaboration across teams.
- We’re big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, our Frankfurt office holds regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
- Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you’re in the office you can enjoy state of the art facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
- https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-teams-frankfurt-engineering/ https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18011879281399528/
a) A degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or
b) An equivalent combination of education, and/or
c) Specialised training, and/or
d) Related professional experience.
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences
Bloomberg is a global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that inspires each employee to bring their full authentic self to the greater Bloomberg community.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.