Market Specialist - Buyside Derivatives
Posted Sep 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 108301
Market Specialist - Buyside Derivatives
The Market Specialist team within Enterprise Sales serves as the financial markets & workflow experts at Bloomberg. On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our product. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company.
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We will trust you to:
- Apply your strong market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends and demonstrated technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise solutions
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how then can or could use our products and technology to solve them
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external customers
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients
- Establish your own road-map of initiatives that align with product, sales, and company goals. Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- An excellent understanding of Buy-Side derivative workflows from a multi-asset investment perspective - ideally obtained from working at a buy-side institution such as a pension fund, insurance company, investment advisor, open-ended investment company/mutual fund, etc.
- Good knowledge of how technology solutions such as portfolio management, order management, execution management and risk systems help solve client challenges.
- Strong knowledge of derivative products through actively using them in a prior role.
- The business insights required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Extensive and strong relationships within your market
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A reciprocal and commercial mind set, along with ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles
- A willingness to travel across Europe as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in French, German, Spanish or Italian
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Consulting experience
- Good knowledge of the regulatory environment impacting Buy-Side institutions
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com