Technology Product Manager - APIs and DevEx
Posted May 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 108553
We’re Bloomberg Data Products - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as the global industry leader in our industry. We deliver an unparalleled and ever-growing breadth and depth of enterprise content to the world's leading market participants. Without us, they simply can't operate.
We recognise the value of developer relations and developer experience in our relationship with those market participants. We strive to cultivate lasting, positive relationships with customer developers and engineers. We want them to immediately and intuitively apply our content, APIs and cloud solutions to get value from our content, and feel we are supporting them as they do so. Our approach is to assume a developer-first mindset when designing content, APIs, documentation and the collateral material and tooling, supported by relevant samples and documentation that make it clear how to use our products. We want to evolve a next generation of premium APIs and content with a focus on developer experience.
To achieve this, we are looking for a multifaceted technology product manager to lead this vision and strategy.
You will immediately assume responsibility for in-flight roadmap items, incrementally taking ownership for the vision and how we will execute on it: You will help negotiate and shape our strategy for developer relations experience, and then deliver this strategy in our products.
You will be supported by an engaged leadership team, experienced engineers and designers who can together help you craft and navigate the detailed design elements of our product. You will lead these contributors, anticipate, consider and address the challenges they raise, and shape a vision into a coherent set of product offerings (APIs, content, and documentation). You will then plan and lead all aspects of delivery through to our customers.
We will trust you to:
- Drive meaningful change from inception through to delivery to our customers
- Define meaningful outcomes, forming a vision towards which we can all work
- Engage with staff at all levels within our customers' firms to understand their wants and underlying needs
- Own and maintain product charters, road maps and backlogs for redefining our developer experience
- Demonstrate and explain our APIs and content to technical and non-technical audiences
To achieve this, we will expect you to:
- Engage with and present to senior stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Share and inspire others with a vision that drives execution and results, both verbally and in writing
- Assume responsibility for driving every part of product definition and delivery
- Work closely with internal engineers, ensuring that delivery aligns with our roadmap
- Juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate closely and continuously with existing product managers - responsible (for example) for developer documentation, non-REST APIs and Web UIs
As a product manager we want you to lead your product: What we are building, and when, and the vision - why and how we are doing it. You want to be accountable! The technical nature of the product means we expect you to combine some technical expertise with energy, drive and determination.
We'll look for:
- A self-sufficient, self-starting individual
- A collaborative mentality
- An imaginative and pragmatic approach to delivering real world operable solutions
- A tenacious and reliable leader and driver of change
- A strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
We expect that you have 10 years+ background (*) in Enterprise application development and/or solution architecture in financial services or fintech, having established or be aiming to establish yourself as a technical product manager, and that you have a degree of expertise in some (but not all) of the following subject areas:
- Programming in python, C# or Java
- Solution architecture with cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS) services and solutions
- REST API use and design and/or enterprise integration
- Tools and frameworks for large scale data analysis (e.g. Spark)
- Capital markets, banking, asset management, and/or the trade life-cycle
- Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org