US Mutual Fund Research Analyst
Posted Sep 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 108589
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results.
Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's in it for you:
BI is looking for a motivated individual with experience who will step into an Analyst role covering mutual funds. This includes tracking performance, flows and assets as well as portfolio attribution analysis on a variety of mutual funds. The candidate will create an active fund scorecard as well as a league table dashboard. There are opportunities for the candidate to travel including attending conferences and training customers. Qualified candidates will be expected to build relationships with some of the largest mutual fund companies in the U.S. in an effort to ensure we have the most timely and accurate data. There are additional opportunities for the analyst to work with sales, app specs, news, and other internal data teams. The role will also include doing internal and external media.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Actively contribute to the team's daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via Bloomberg's online messaging systems
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- Financial market research experience is essential to have success in this role
- Excellent communication skills: writing and presentation
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- Knowledge of mutual funds
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting discipline and/or CFA designation
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
We'd love to see:
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.