2024 Japanese-language Rotation Reporter
Posted Sep 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 108803
Bloomberg News is one of the world's leading financial news organizations, delivering fast and accurate information on multiple platforms to the people with the most at stake.
If it impacts markets, we'll be there -- breaking news on companies, economies, commodities and government policy to help our ever-expanding audience stay ahead.
We are looking for Japanese-language reporters who are passionate about telling stories to join Tokyo’s vibrant newsroom. As a rotator, you will get to work in various teams to develop your skills in reporting, writing and breaking news. You will learn from talented journalists, dig into data and collaborate with colleagues in our bureaus across the world. After spending 12 months developing your journalism skills, you will be assigned to a specific beat team where you will build on your expertise as a financial journalist.
We operate as one newsroom -- a collaborative and diverse environment where print, digital and broadcast come together to produce the most accurate content for our readers. If you are self-driven, energetic and love to learn, then this is the place for you.
We’re looking for:
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in journalism through work experience or extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstration of strong interest in finance/financial news
- Strong curiosity, a keen interest to learn about the world and uncover surprises
- A passion for news and a willingness to dig in and learn about global financial markets, companies and economies
- Fluency in Japanese and working proficiency level English is required
- Ability to start working full time upon graduation in 2023 or 2024
- The resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly