Enterprise Services - Technical Support Representative - Sydney
Posted Sep 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 108844
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Services - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. We provide a vast number of datasets that cover all asset classes, via multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling options. This means our clients get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's The role:
As a Data Technical support representative, you will be part of a global team based in Sydney supporting our Enterprise Data clients across the region. You’ll be trained to quickly and accurately identify problems, and perform detailed and meaningful diagnostics and troubleshooting to identify the root cause. We’re looking for a passionate, motivated service-orientated individual to come and join our Data Technical support team. You will be able to operate independently and be an individual who can take responsibility to escalate issues internally, all whilst ensuring our clients receive an exceptional, seamless support experience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with technical and market data contacts at client firms to help resolve and prevent issues that may impact their businesses
- Handle escalations to internal Bloomberg groups such as Network Operations, Global Data, Data Feeds, Implementation and Software Engineering
- Take ownership of questions and technical issues reported by clients and provide direct support using phone, ticket systems, and in person if necessary
- Actively troubleshoot to recreate reported customer issues on internal, client simulated and test system environments or by actually carrying out diagnostic work on clients own test/UAT systems
- Identify opportunities to implement and drive adoption of self-service solutions to meet client needs
- Identify team and personal workflow efficiencies through tooling and process improvement
- Maintain the health and availability of our systems through alerting, monitoring, capacity management, instrumenting, and reporting
- Partner with sales and account management to build and strengthen client relationships
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years experience technically supporting a product in a financial Services or Financial Technology organisation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
- Basic understanding of scripting language or programming language (eg Shell, Perl, Python, .NET, Java or C++)
- An analytical and problem solving mindset
- A passion for customer service
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex and time sensitive issues
- A basic understanding of market data and associated financial instruments
- Ability to derive requirements from stakeholders via email, meetings, and conference calls
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.