Enterprise Data Sales Development Rep - New York
New York, NY
Posted Sep 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 108867
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and fast-growing. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1.9B business we are today. We collaborate closely with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique businesses while focusing on specific data and technology needs so that we can help them achieve their business objectives. We have an endless selection of data sets covering all asset types. We have multiple delivery technologies. This allows our clients to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer.
What's the Role?
As the financial markets evolve, it is becoming even more important for Bloomberg to view and connect with our clients from a data and technology driven lens. Due to significant growth and huge opportunity, we are looking for a hardworking, data driven professional to join our North American Enterprise Sales force. Your subject matter expertise will lend itself well to our clients as you learn the building blocks of Enterprise Data Sales and our suite of solutions!
Our Sales Development Team serves as the entry point to Enterprise Data Sales. You will be provided with rigorous training around our products, commercials and selling methodologies while gaining exposure to various client types, enterprise workflows and technology stacks. Whilst you may have not had direct sales experience in your career to date, you should be able to articulate the value proposition of Bloomberg Data as well as being comfortable positioning your ideas to others. You will bring with you a passion for technology, demonstrated perhaps by attending course or two in python, machine learning or NLP. This, coupled with your data knowledge, will help give you the edge, as the markets and our clients businesses evolve.
You will be responsible for sales across our Enterprise Data Product suite including Data Management Solutions (DMS and DL+), Reference Data, Real-Time data feeds, Regulatory Solutions and the Bloomberg Valuation Service (BVAL) to both new prospects and an existing book of business. You will work closely with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage the Enterprise sales engagement efficiently from beginning to end
- Use market, product, and technical expertise to identify client needs
- Help clients solve their regulatory obligations
- Produce clear, concise proposals with an appropriate level of detail that identify client needs, current workflow(s), the right offerings and commercials
- Establish and execute a pipeline strategy for achieving sales targets through the appropriate stages of the sales cycle within your assigned client base
- Build relationships across client organizations to ensure that all stakeholders are managed appropriately as part of the sales process
- Balance engagements across the sales life-cycle to maintain desired pipeline levels for long, medium, and short-term sales
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of One Data. One Source. We expect you will be able to articulate the benefits to customers and prospects in order to expand our footprint and strengthen the overall relationship by driving home the value in leveraging Bloomberg as their primary data source for all their data needs.
You'll Need to Have:
- Strong product knowledge around Bloomberg's comprehensive data offerings
- A desire and demonstrated skills to be part of a growing sales team where you will be tasked to meet or exceed demanding targets
- An understanding of our clients (who they are, how they make money, etc.) and their technology stack, workflows and internal structures
- An ability to leverage product and domain knowledge to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps and recommend solutions
- A passion for technology
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.