Enterprise Sales - Index Sales Account Manager - Sydney
Posted Sep 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 108986
Bloomberg offers an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfil their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, “smart” beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services. Bloomberg Indices are driven by the same trusted quality reference data, pricing and analytical calculations that integrate seamlessly to our customers investment ecosystem.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our highly experienced, motivated, and fast-growing Index sales team in Asia Pacific. Your overall responsibility includes working closely with the team to develop business strategy, strategic client partnerships, and product that will contribute to the expansion of Bloomberg’s Asia Pacific Index franchise.
The position will be based in Sydney, with coverage spanning across Australasia markets. Together with the team, you will represent Bloomberg’s suite of Index products and solutions within these markets, focusing on supporting the execution of business strategies that deepen revenue and client partnerships across the Asset Owner, Asset Management, and Investment Banking community. You will be a key supporter in articulating our value proposition and the strategic vision throughout the organisation. You will also be a key contributor in identifying our customer’s product vision and translating commercial opportunities to product development teams.
As an expanding division in Asia, your entrepreneurial and technical mindset will be especially valuable as you collaborate with Research, Product, Marketing, PR, Support, and global Sales teams to scale and shape the index industry. You will need to have passion to build knowledge of the institutional industry, keep pace with Index trends, local regulation and what our customers need.
We’ll trust you to:
- Strategically look across your coverage to determine client Index opportunities to increase adoption and utilisation of Index products
- Demonstrate understanding of the Investment life-cycle and how Index Target Market Players achieve their KPI’s while utilising technology
- Have in-depth discussions regarding Bloomberg Index methodology and new product requirements
- Develop a sound understanding of Bloomberg’s products, how they integrate with financial markets and position our solutions appropriately
- Lead usage campaigns, both self-initiated to achieve business targets, and management driven initiatives
- Take a lead role in conducting internal and external training sessions and sales pitches
- Work with clients throughout the sales process including commercial terms and contract execution
- Collaborate extensively with different internal teams to cross-sell our suite of solutions
- Provide detailed product feedback from clients to internal business managers in an effort to continually improve our products
- Travel regularly to meet with clients and prospects
You’ll need to have:
- Understanding of the usage of index products and the index ecosystem, and knowledge of the Australasian investments landscape
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial services, institutional / buy-side roles across Australasia
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain solid client relationships
- Passion to develop an astute commercial mind-set, strategic client management skills and working to exceed the team’s sales metrics
- Excellent client communication skills in conversational speech, writing, and public speaking
- A self-starter attitude, and be a dedicated collaborator with strong multi-tasking skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience related to portfolio management and/or investment research
- Business proficiency in additional Asian language(s)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.