Content Writer/Editor (Contract) - Bloomberg Media
Posted Sep 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 108997
**This is a 12-month contract opportunity**
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people – advancing equality and sustainability and shaping our global future? What does the future of work, the future of cities, the future of finance and of future health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media Group, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for our core audiences.
We are searching for a Content Writer/Editor with the desire to tell compelling stories through engaging content. We need someone who can develop and execute best-in-class creative work on behalf of Bloomberg clients. You’re comfortable diving into the data to turn facts into human-first stories and confident working seamlessly across all formats digital, video, print, social and audio – from developing a podcast series to scriptwriting social-first videos, to imagining a data visualization that will change how people think about a subject.
The role is part of an expansion of Bloomberg Media Studios team, which includes video producers, editors, designers, developers, animators, scriptwriters and coders, who are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced and supportive work environment.
Reporting to Bloomberg Media Studios' Editorial team, this is a busy role within a fast-paced team.
We'll trust you to:
- Work as part of a team creating award-winning, innovative content.
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms.
- Use Bloomberg’s proprietary data, to tell engaging, impactful stories that will resonate with Bloomberg's C-Suite audience.
- Collaborate with the Studios and wider Bloomberg team of analysts, designers and project managers to bring clients’ stories to life.
- Build strong relationships within a global, multidisciplinary team.
What you need:
- Several years’ experience in content studios, ad agencies or production houses.
- Experience translating brand missions and audience needs into storytelling through copywriting, video scripts, social-first content, and more.
- Experience in capturing new ways to cover business topics - ESG, global trade, DEI - that entertain, inform and enlighten our audiences.
- The ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in a straightforward way.
- Deep knowledge of social media and digital communications.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, client-facing, media environment.
- Good presentation and time management skills.
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com