Senior Accountant, Legal Entity Controllers
New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 108999
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant in the Legal Entity Controllers group. The team is committed to providing high quality accounting and reporting functions. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to oversee various legal entities in multiple jurisdictions, work with a diverse group of teams, and drive initiatives to enhance efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for performing variance analyses, during the month-end close, of the balance sheet, the income statement and of accrual and prepaid balances, to help identify discrepancies, if any, and to address them prior to month-end closing
- Be responsible for the preparation and recording of month-end elimination and equity pickup journal entries
- Prepare quarterly balance sheet analyses package with explanations for variances for management
- Be the contact person for prepaid expense tool, assist teams when issues arise, and record corrections, as needed
- Assist with year-end audits, help prepare audit support and address auditors’ questions
- Maintain internal controls documentation and ensure that controls are operating effectively
- Identify and implement process improvements to build efficiencies and strengthen internal controls
- Help administer and enforce the Company’s manual journal entry policy
- Help facilitate/communicate accounting treatment across various teams for Company-wide initiatives such as acquisitions
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
You’ll need to have:
- At least 6-8 years of relevant accounting and reporting experience
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting (CPA strongly preferred or CPA parts passed mandatory)
- A combination of private and public accounting with a minimum of 3 years in public accounting is strongly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Strong quantitative, data manipulation skills, and ability to work with large data sets while succinctly summarizing conclusions
- The ability to communicate effectively with managers and colleagues; verbally and written
- A team player attitude with ability to change priorities, as needed, and willingness to help others
- A self-starter attitude
- Strong professional ethics
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in intercompany accounting and eliminations
- Proficiency in SAP or similar accounting system
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus