Senior Fullstack Engineer - Network Operations
New York, NY
Posted Dec 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 109010
Our Network Operations Programming and Reporting team consists of highly trained data experts specializing in building business intelligence applications and tools. Managers and business leaders across the enterprise depend on these tools to make intelligent decisions, and manage the day to day operations of the Bloomberg network. We work within the Network Operations department which is directly responsible for the performance and maintenance of Bloomberg's global private network, one of the largest private networks in the world.
What’s in it for you:
As a Full Stack Engineer on the team you will be involved in high level business strategy and planning. Our customers will trust you to implement their ideas and you'll do it using the latest and greatest technology. Collaborating with developers, business leaders and product owners you'll come up with innovative and creative solutions for complex problems. You'll use various open source and proprietary technologies to build informative, intuitive and creative UI/UX experiences, as well as compliant workflow architecture. On our team, you'll get to touch everything from programming/scripting, core networking, business planning & reporting, tool development and delivering creative solutions to problems presented by the business.
You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent non-internship professional experience
- Deep experience with modern web development framework and architectures in React, RESTful web services and API integration
- Hands-on experience with languages such as SQL (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and/or PHP
We'd Love to See:
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on experience building monitoring, alerting, dashboards, metrics reporting and data analysis
- Knowledge of Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus