Localization Project Manager
Posted Sep 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 109103
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In our Data department, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective. We then take this perspective and bring data solutions to local markets. We solve for the problems of tomorrow.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Localization Project Manager. You will work closely with Localization, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product for the local markets. You’ll be able to join our growing global Localization team that supports Bloomberg sales efforts by coordinating the delivery of Localized content to downstream business units including Marketing, Media, Website, Philanthropy and ESG groups.
While your primary responsibility will not be directly translating content, you will need to have an appreciation for the cultural nuances required to deliver a localized product in multiple languages. You will have an opportunity to build relationships with new collaborators and expand the types of content that the Localization team supports. You will be responsible for all elements of the localization workflow, including but not limited to budgets, timelines materials and vendors.
You will also be responsible for establishing success metrics to measure the impact of the projects that you implement and provide analysis and interpretation of relevant data.
You’ll need to have:
- Native level fluency in either Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, French, Turkish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese or Korean
- Demonstrated excellence in Project Management
- Strong knowledge of Localization Industry including the latest industry trends and familiarity with CAT tools, MT retraining, quality assurance and terminology management
- Prioritization and organization skills with the ability to manage projects, balance independent tasks and goals while collaborating with other team members
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Hard-working and proactive; able to make decisions independently, work with minimal supervision and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Experiences as a teammate including excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to actively contribute to improve processes for localization
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now and in the future
- Prior work experience in the language industry, information technology, finance or data analysis
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Bloomberg Professional Service
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.