Data Annotation Project Analyst
Posted Sep 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 109123
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process, and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
In the Data Management Lab, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to improve our systems, products, and processes. Our team also establishes links with key internal collaborators and supports the work of all teams in Data.
As a member of our Dialogue Labeling and Annotation Management data team (DLAM), you will need to partner closely with engineering and product teams. You will be responsible for project coordination, prioritization, guidance, coaching, and execution of strategic business objectives. We’ll trust you to understand the downstream usage of our data and use that knowledge to inform product and engineering teams of potential annotation changes. As an Annotation Project Analyst, you will be tasked with managing a group of contract workers who are performing complex data labeling annotations. You will develop deep subject matter expertise in various asset classes and collaborate effectively with internal and external partners to implement high quality enterprise level annotations.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate across Data as your team will serve as a resource for outside teams that require expertise and training in annotation management. Doing so, will require critical thinking and collaboration across Data, Product, and Engineering teams.
You’ll need to have:
- Earned a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or relevant discipline from a four-year college or university prior to starting
- Demonstrated project, work experience, or coursework that shows your interest and knowledge in the financial markets
- Interest or experience using one or more programming languages
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with business intelligence/data visualization tools, preferably QlikSense
- Strong desire for structure and systemization of processes and improvement of existing processes
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with annotation schema, edge cases, guideline development and maintenance
- Experience transforming workflows into a more timely and efficient process through a coding language
- Familiarity working with human in the loop workflows
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.