Engineering Team Lead - Artificial Intelligence
Posted Jan 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 109225
The AI Group is the central engineering group responsible for driving Machine Learning (ML) adoption at Bloomberg, with over 200 researchers and engineers working together to provide clients with the best-in-class news, research, market data, and analytics using innovative machine learning technology. We directly impact a wide variety of our flagship products, including news, research, pricing, communications platforms, search and discovery tools. We work on a variety of ML fields, including natural language processing, information retrieval, time series analysis, and recommender systems.
Our team makes extensive use of open source and is deeply involved in a number of communities such as PyTorch, PyTorch Lightning, Hugging Face, Solr, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, KServe, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Argo, Buildpacks, and other cloud-native MLOps technologies. From technical governance to upstream collaboration, we are committed to enhancing the impact and sustainability of open source.
The AI Group is looking for senior team leads who specialize in the fields of natural language processing (NLP), machine learning (ML), finance, speech, or information retrieval (IR) to help us build the next generation of Bloomberg products driven by AI. The projects we are looking to hire for include dialog understanding, news analytics, information extraction, fixed income pricing and workflow optimization, data engineering, search, question answering, and recommender systems.
We'll trust you to:
- Participate in the development process of ML based financial products as a technical leader
- Collaborate with colleagues on production machine-learning systems and applications
- Design, experiment, and evaluate software systems
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code
- Represent Bloomberg at conferences and open-source communities
- Demonstrate technical leadership by owning cross-team projects
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support fault tolerant and testable systems
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in software engineering
- Previous experience in leadership, managing and coaching globally distributed teams and influencing third party technology strategy
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate, challenge and influence team members, peers, and stakeholders
- History of successfully delivering on key initiatives and driving long-term strategic technology plans
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated experience of building a suite of applications with extensibility in mind
- Previous experience in a team leader capacity
- An understanding and appreciation for agile development practices
- Financial domain knowledge and experience (not required)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/ (http://www.techatbloomberg.com/)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.