New York, NY
Posted Sep 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 109262
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg TV is looking for a hard-working markets producer to join our team in New York. You should be passionate about financial markets, data-driven journalism and breaking news. We need for you to demonstrate strong editorial judgment, organizational and communication skills and have keen attention to detail.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a self-starter, with a can-do attitude and a passion for our programming.
- Work and thrive under deadline pressure while juggling different priorities.
- Work closely with on-air presenters in conceptualising, producing and executing live market segments
- Create Bloomberg Terminal charts to visualise market stories
- Advocate the relevant Bloomberg Terminal functions for the big market themes of the day
- Harness the research capability of the Bloomberg Terminal data to find relevant market, economic, industry, company information
- Writing scripts and editorial notes to guide the wider newsroom on key market stories/themes
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Passion to learn creating charts, graphics
- Sound knowledge of financial markets across various asset classes
- Passion for broadcast news
- A collaborative attitude and exceptional communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to thrive under pressure
- Flexibility with hours
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.?
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 70,000 - 85,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus