Product Analyst: Global Sustainability and Impact Strategy
New York, NY
Posted Oct 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 110044
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced professional to join our Enterprise Product Group as a Product Analyst to develop and support Bloomberg’s climate offering for the terminal and for our enterprise customers.
The Product Analyst will be joining a highly motivated, dynamic and diverse team. Our team focuses on innovating and developing end-to-end enterprise solutions from pre-trade to execution and order management, risk management, post-trade, compliance and regulatory reporting. We believe that our success lies in our ability to connect our systems to deliver a set of modularized market leading client solutions.
The Product Analyst will be an integral part of our collaborative team, working with key stakeholders across Bloomberg’s entire range of products and solutions. This includes the Bloomberg terminal to our execution and order management systems, enterprise data management services, integration and distribution technologies, Bloomberg intelligence, Bloomberg NEF and other Core product teams.
They will coordinate with key stakeholders to drive business requirements around climate strategy initiatives and help develop business plans. They will implement and execute the company-wide climate strategy to accelerate efforts to unlock and mobilize private capital for sustainable infrastructure investments and the transition to net-zero.
This person should have a deep knowledge and a track record of embracing data and technology in the financial industry, understanding of the key plates and developments within the climate space and various user types and workflows.
You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Assisting with formulating strategies and presentations to Climate Senior Management with running the business and developing strategic plans
- Working with Business Partners on specific assignments associated with driving business with clients, platform improvements and drivers of business activity
- Key participant in efforts on strategic projects, cross-platform initiatives, management presentations, market diagnostic, competitor analysis, special projects and various business support activities
- Gathering and developing both data and information to analyze size, composition and trajectory of the markets, whether by region, by product or by client type
- Utilizing business intelligence work to provide management with useful analysis and insights as well as shape strategic direction
- Metrics tracking and obtaining data to support strategic initiatives & progress assessments, responsible growth and risk framework
- Drafting materials for quarterly meetings with Management, ESG Data Agencies and Investor Conferences, etc.
You’ll Need To Have:
- 2+ years of experience including experience in ESG/Sustainable Investing
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to manipulate large quantities of data in Excel
We’d love to see
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, complex, and fast-paced, environment
- Analytical background including familiarity with software such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense
- Experience with BI tools or Data Visualization tools
- Curiosity and desire to expand understanding beyond current expertise and into adjacent areas
- Polished presentation skills and succinct, impactful messaging (e.g., PowerPoint, Other Tools)
- Prior experience in product and/or marketing is not required but is nice to have
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.