Content Support Specialist - Exchanges
New York, NY
Posted Oct 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 110420
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with information they need. The team is comprised of several teams focusing across: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure.
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the Exchange Business Management team. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, deadline driven environment to deliver the highest quality real-time data to our customers across all asset classes such as equities, derivatives, commodities & fixed income.
We are responsible for developing real-time market data feeds from exchanges and managing that market data for our internal and external customers. This role includes managing projects, trouble-shooting our market data feeds, building relationships, onboarding new content and exploring business opportunities with the Exchanges.
You will focus on providing our customers (both internal and external) with high-level customer service on all questions related to our exchanges data. In addition, content support specialists will lead projects to integrate new market data onto Bloomberg and improve existing content. You will work closely with our clients, Sales, Engineering and exchanges across North & South America, to ensure the successful support and delivery of new exchange products to Bloomberg customers.
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide live front-line customer support for all exchange market-data
- Understand how end customers consume market data
- Liaise with various internal teams such as Engineering, Product, Sales, Data to resolve problems
- Improve data quality and onboard new content
- Manage existing exchange data content
- Act as a main point of contact for any issues with exchange market data
- Drive process improvements, operational and workflow efficiency
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience working for an Exchange or in the Market Data industry
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to develop project plans
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation & organizational skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future
We’d love to see:
- Interest in or experience with programming languages like Python and/or SQL
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 75,000 - 85,000 USD Annually + Benefits