Equity Index Production & Operations Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted Oct 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 110426
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services! This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is a provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs! The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
What is the role?
As an Equity Income Index Production & Operations Team Leader, you will lead a U.S. based team responsible for the creation, monitoring and maintenance of proprietary benchmark and bespoke equity indices. The main responsibilities of the team include managing standard and complex corporate actions, evaluating pricing and index inputs, assessing index outputs, and the validation of final index production. In addition, this team leader and their team will play a crucial role in further developing Bloomberg’s Equity Index offering and platform, partnering with stakeholders and clients and drawing upon deep subject matter expertise. You will need to demonstrate strong domain knowledge, specifically in US equity markets, and the ability to coordinate with regional teams in the delivery of global products and manage escalations. You will need to show organisational management skills to successfully lead a team while mentoring and developing production analysts and concurrently contributing toward projects for improving operational resilience and processes. Risk management, controls, the regulatory environment, and various aspects of reporting will also be critical areas of focus.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a strong and dedicated leader who can communicate a clear vision about where the department is heading, what your team’s part is in it, and how you’re going to get there together as well as align closely with global counterparts
- Drive product strategy and development while ensuring the delivery of data, technology and governance for clients
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure Bloomberg’s technology that supports the index business is reliable and efficient
- Build trusted and collaborative relationships with key collaborators across Bloomberg including but not limited to Data, Sales, Engineering, Legal, and Compliance
- Manage, mentor, develop and challenge a team of Individual Contributors
- Have a workforce plan that enhances the skills of the team, fosters collaboration, and encourages diversity
- Collaborate closely with your partners in Human Resources to recruit, retain and develop diverse talent
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with the indices, equity corporate actions and client management
- Management experience in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong operational and process management/improvement skills
- Ability to interact and effectively connect with our clients
- Intermediate knowledge of data visualization tools
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team of individuals
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong project management skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus