Specialist Sales - Senior Client Quant Developer (Python), Desktop Build Group - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 110528
Quantitative investment funds have grown exponentially over the last decade and Bloomberg is uniquely positioned at the forefront of this financial revolution.
The Desktop Build Group (DBG) works closely with Bloomberg clients to assist them to implement quantitative investment strategies and research using our Python Quant development platform. Powered by JupyterLab, the quant platform combines world-class open source Python libraries with the world's leading financial database, allowing our clients to generate unique research in quantitative finance and help them to capture alpha in a highly competitive landscape.
As a global team we have people based in London, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney, and work collaboratively with our Account Management, Product Development, and R&D teams.
What's the role?
This role will see you engaging with top quantitative finance experts to turn their investment ideas into reality. Do you want to get exposure to the latest technology and coolest programming packages, and be part of shaping a product with great revenue potential for our clients?
You will use your financial markets knowledge to consult with Bloomberg clients or prospective clients, helping them to develop and implement their quantitative investment strategies and research on our Python-based quant platform. With access to the world's most comprehensive financial database, you will have the opportunity to apply advanced data science technologies to generate real world investment models. Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pitches to prospective clients, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption. In addition to software development, members of the team will be expected to aid in retention of existing clients. You will be expected to create resources and client-facing content that is both strategic in its appeal to our audience, while also taking advantage of current events in the marketplace.
We’ll trust you to:
- Position our quant platform to prospective clients, working with our account management team to provide thought leadership in the quantamental universe both internally and at external focus events
- Work with clients to deep dive into their investment process, coding this into an implemented strategy in our quant platform on behalf of the client
- Liaise between the client, product development teams, and R&D to push internally for enhancements or fixes to the APIs or the platform
- Provide continued support for clients to impact revenue generation
- Provide assistance on new strategies or processes they wish to implement
- Help develop documentation, training material, internal tools to better service quant clients
You'll learn on the job:
- A deep understanding of quantitative strategies and investment knowledge across Equities, ESG, Fixed Income, FX and Commodities
- In depth knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal, the world's leading financial analytics platform for investment professionals
- Expertise in data science, quantitative investment strategies and capital markets
- Open Source Python technologies for advanced data visualizations, widgets and analytics
You’ll need to have:
- Advanced coding skills in Python
- Experience in equity and/or Fixed Income/Credit quantitative (quantamental) investment strategies or Risk Premia strategies
- A strategic mind set and demonstrable commercial acumen - being able to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Highly articulate communication skills, consultative and confident in interactions with clients
- Experience working within a collaborative environment where you partner with both clients and colleagues
We’d love to see:
- Previous front office work experience in financial markets working on or with the buy side
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as R, VBA or similar
- Experience with big data analysis or machine learning applications in finance
- Experience or qualifications with cloud computing
- Experience or qualifications in ML/NLP
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.