ESG Solutions Communications Lead
Posted Oct 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 110567
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we contribute to the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here that you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the Role?
ESG is a centerpiece of Bloomberg's corporate, commercial and product strategies. As a solution provider, we help global leaders in business, finance and government cut through the complexity of ESG and make informed decisions that will ultimately shape a better world.
We are seeking an addition to our Corporate Communications team focused on global positioning of Bloomberg's financial information, trading, and investment solutions. This person will help build visibility and credibility with our customers, prospects and partners--and differentiate Bloomberg as a leading ESG data, analytics, and software provider--through various channels of media, industry, and market influence. As a senior-level individual contributor, this person will need to build internal and external networks of collaboration and support.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across global product, marketing and communications teams to create, refine, and perpetuate a holistic message framework and brand narrative across solutions
- Develop and execute against a unified rolling 4-quarter ESG Communications Strategic plan, in collaboration with Communications colleagues
- Gain inclusion and increase visibility for Bloomberg's solutions in third-party media outlets, various awards, and market research reports (includes pitch development, writing press releases and awards submissions, and responding to analyst RFIs)
- Monitor developing and breaking news and enact news-jacking initiatives as appropriate
- Develop and maintain media and influence maps and lists for specific ESG/climate themes
- Monitor and produce reports on news and research relating to market trends, competitive landscape, and regulatory changes that may impact our customers' businesses
- Write thought leadership content (e.g. blogs, bylines, internal editorial)
- Support spokesperson event participation through the creation and customisation of speeches and talking points
You’ll need to have:
- At least 10 years of experience*
- Prior experience in B2B product/solution communications, marketing or branding roles
- Several years of involvement in ESG-related communications, external relations, regulation, and/or industry initiatives
- Experience in thought leadership content creation
- Impeccable writing and speaking skills
- Project management experience
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
We’d love to see:
- Media and/or analyst relations acumen and expertise
- Established relationships with key media and influencers in ESG/climate subject areas
- Experience optimising earned/owned/paid communications channel mix
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org