Economics Data Team Leader
Posted Oct 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 110639
Bloomberg runs on data. In Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analysing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial and economic data needs. Across Economics Data Team, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after economic concepts that are normalized across countries, key forecasts, and industry-specific data points. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and insight provided by the Economics team. Our team of analysts influence decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing.
The Economics team in Data is responsible for the data management of both traditional and alternative Economic time series, forecasts, and surveys. The team provides relevant, timely, and accurate data to empower customers to drive their analysis of global economies. The team is focused on making our Economic content more discoverable and timely, generating data-driven insights, and providing superior customer service.
What’s the role?
The Economics Data team is looking for a Team Leader to handle and develop a hard-working team of Economic analysts, being responsible for the data onboarding and analysis for the EMEA markets. As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for aligning with our clients and key partners to understand their evolving needs and setting proactive strategies for our Economic coverage; around critical areas such as core economic concepts, high frequency indicators and emerging markets. From a technical perspective, your team will be required to research new data sets to expand the coverage of our product, focused on data modeling and ETL software skills. Your team will transform complex data and work processes into financial and economic data products that are indispensable to our users. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues, and partners across all business units including Business Managers, News, Bloomberg Intelligence & Economists, Sales & Analytics, our Data Governance team, and Engineering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Leverage a high-level understanding of Economics, in order to locate, gather, and analyse data in a proficient and timely manner, to provide information and analysis for clients including staying current on relevant issues and trends within the market
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of analysts who will be specialists and experts in their product proven through processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, data analysis, and project management
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Economists, Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Build the teams vision and strategy for Data onboarding through development of data modeling and ETL software skills within the team, working alongside Data Engineering teams
- Build processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service goes above and beyond
You’ll need to have:
- Proven leadership experience within a previous or current role
- Experience working with Economic time series or other large datasets, be able to quantify the trends impacting the industry, and provide information that can aid commercial decisions
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing outstanding service to Business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Economics or Finance, or related business and STEM field
- Experience or knowledge in the Bloomberg terminal, and/or Bloomberg Data workflows
- Experience or strong curiosity about data modeling in addition to strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, SQL experience, and Coding experience
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org