Multi-Asset Index Product Development Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Oct 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 110674
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. We offer an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfill their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, “smart” beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining a highly motivated and successful Multi-Asset Index team that sits within our Core Financial Product Group. Our Multi-Asset Product Development analysts work on the team responsible for idea generation across our Multi-Asset Index business comprising of Bloomberg’s Equity, Commodity, Currency, Strategy and Alternatives Indices. This role is responsible for developing ideas and working across functions to turn them into new index products. You will work to build our index story across the diverse asset classes and work with the Bloomberg Index team to meet our clients’ requests. You will be encouraged to regularly engage with clients and work closely with our Sales team in nurturing client relationships and continually advocating new ideas to Bloomberg’s clients.
This role will be responsible for influencing product vision and executing on that vision. This may include product design, exploring strategic partnerships, and always delivering effective internal and external information.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute to the creation of new index ideas and guiding the business’ approach to new product development
- Communicate the product vision within Bloomberg and build consensus among the senior leadership team
- Work across Bloomberg to collaborate on new product design with our research, engineering and index production teams
- Design sophisticated index methodologies, build financial models to back-test and develop strategy indices
- Assess clients portfolio needs and translate them into index-based solutions
- 7+ years of index industry experience*
- Experience in the asset management, structuring, or index product space directly related to turning ideas into indices, and indices into products
- An analytical or technical Bachelor’s degree including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or Economics
- Hands-on product experience, preferably from an index or research background in systematic trading strategies
- Deep knowledge of the Equity asset class and an additional experience between Commodities, FX, Interest Rates and Credit
- Experience in portfolio theory, multi asset allocation models and a proven track record in building strategies
- Experience in building financial models with Python, and ideally with R
- Experience working with large data sets, to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion with keen attention to detail
- Understanding of regulations on financial indices and day-to-day governance determinations on index events
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- A broad understanding of the index industry including key products, business dynamics, economic drivers, and critical connectivity partners across key market sub-segments
- Strong marketing skills with a point of view on product positioning and product adoption
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound business plans
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new business ideas
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills crucial for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/?utm_medium=Adwords&utm_source=pdsrch&utm_content=careers&tactic=434671&gclid=CjwKCAjw4c-ZBhAEEiwAZ105Rd8aiSFnXGQm3fYCYQYLum3RawLWHcO7tMIu9R_8i-Z3W9YA0Wp_hBoC_kAQAvD_BwE
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus