TOMS - EMEA Account Manager
Posted Jan 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 110705
Bloomberg TOMS is the award-winning trade order management system providing sell-side firms with multi-asset order and execution management (OEMS) functionality as well as integrated data, pricing, automated market-making, trading tools and connectivity. The technology suite helps automate firms’ electronic trading and voice workflows, centralising trade capture and synchronizes their front-office risk and trading with downstream middle-office, operations and enterprise applications in real time.
TOMS provides sell-side firms with connectivity to more than 40 venues and the ability to manage inventory, risk, profit and loss (P&L), compliance, and straight-through processing (STP) across various asset classes. It is regularly enhanced as markets and technology change; this includes infrastructure build-outs, version upgrades, data sourcing and system maintenance.
Notably, TOMS provides firms with a scalable and seamless entry point to Bloomberg’s broader enterprise products suite including market & credit risk, XVA, regulatory reporting and AI driven client insight and management tools, all underpinned by the Bloomberg Terminal.
In a highly challenged environment, our clients rely on the strength of our offering to streamline their technology stack, reduce total cost of ownership (TCO), improve service to their end clients and all the while comply with ever more complex regulations. We are a market leader, as demonstrated by our recent Waters Technology Ranking.
What's the role?
As a key member of our established TOMS EMEA Account Management team, you'll be responsible for providing outstanding service to our TOMS clients, building deep relationships, generating leads and driving adoption and revenue! You'll work closely with your colleagues across Enterprise Sales and your customers to gain a deep understanding of their business needs and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships. You'll also play a role in influencing the direction of our products by providing feedback on user workflow demand, competitor intelligence, and market trends.
We will expect you to demonstrate credibility with a tried and tested knowledge of the sell side community, be comfortable with our customers’ operational and trading activities and have an in-depth understanding of TOMS and/or other OMS, Bloomberg product features, optimal workflow and usage benefits. You will need to be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients by being a good listener and fully understanding their needs before recommending solutions!
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and support key customer relationships with decision markers. Build partnerships with influential collaborators to improve sales opportunities.
- Build account plans and strategies to support and increase the presence of TOMS and open up opportunities to expand into other Bloomberg enterprise products
- Collaborate with the broader Bloomberg business to secure support for TOMS initiatives and develop the Bloomberg TOMS value proposition internally and externally
- Achieving sales targets by identifying and assisting to close new sale opportunities within the assigned account.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of customer technology and workflows
- Understand key competitors and position our products' advantages
- Work with your customer base to design and execute gap analysis
You’ll need to have:
- Proven client relationship management experience and/or sales experience on an enterprise scale
- Strong understanding of the Financial Markets and full life cycle of a trade with specialist knowledge of asset classes such as Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Interest and Credit Derivatives, Money Markets
- Extensive knowledge of the Fixed Income cash and derivatives markets with experience with Fixed Income trading workflows a plus
- Proven ability to work effectively with others across an organization such as Trading, Sales, Middle and Back Office, Technology and E-commerce teams, including C-Suite
- Strong business sense with knowledge of identifying potential value creation and new prospects, as well as building and maintaining solid client relationships.
- Strong Project Management, Organizational and Planning Skills.
- Knowledge and experience of order management technology, electronic trading experience and of TOMS specifically a plus
- A service oriented and client focused mindset
- Independent individual with a strong aptitude to excel in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment whilst being able to work cohesively with a team is necessary.
- Dedicated, aspiring individual with strong presentation and interpersonal skills in English
- Available for regular travel within the assigned geographical coverage
- Ability to speak another European language advantageous
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org