Corporate Accounting - Financial Risk & Controls
New York, NY
Posted Oct 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 110778
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
Bloomberg’s Corporate Controls Team manages all the financial controls for Corporate, including CFOs, external financial reporting, treasury, compensation, statutory reporting and IT General Controls. Our team acts as the second line of defense to monitor financial process risks, collaborates with our partners to strengthen the organizations internal controls and strives to identify drive continuous change for operational improvements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain the governance framework for internal controls over financial reporting by maintaining the current controls database and identifying key financial and entity level controls and identify design gaps
- Periodically test the operating effectiveness of controls, including planning, stakeholder management, developing test plans, fieldwork execution and results reporting
- Build relationships with cross functional teams to enhance overall internal controls framework and drive improvements in execution
- Partner with management to develop corrective action plans and monitor the status to ensure risk mitigation
- Facilitate periodic management certification process of internal controls
- Provide guidance and secondary review of management’s SOC report review controls
- Participation in ad hoc operational reviews and create controls workflows when requested by senior management
- Present key findings and updates to key partners
- Monitor monthly balance sheet account reconciliation certification by management
- Work with IT Teams to drive system enhancements (e.g. internal controls tool and balance sheet account certification tool)
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years’ experience of internal audit, external audit, and/or relevant controls experience of a publicly traded company
- CPA or CIA designation
- Strong accounting foundation in US GAAP
- Experience carrying out complex internal controls design, identifying key risks and controls for a wide range of business processes, including internal and external financial reporting, treasury, procure to pay, order to cash, hire to retire, fixed assets
- Advanced understanding of internal audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, and other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology e.g. COSO.
- Great communication skills and able to influence outcomes of issues and projects as they arise
We’d love to see:
- SAP experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus