Live TV News Producer, APAC
Posted Oct 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 110858
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg TV is seeking an experienced live TV news producer for our Asia headquarters, based in Hong Kong. You will report to the Asia Senior Producer and work on teams putting together eight hours of live weekday shows from across Asia and the Middle East, as well as assisting with other coverage for our global network. We want someone with a creative streak, able to produce great content for those passionate about business in all its forms.
You must have demonstrated skills and ability in TV news production including planning, writing and graphics, as well as being comfortable with the control room environment, able to output live shows and handle the pressure of breaking news.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce live shows and news segments and thrive under the pressure of the control room environment.
- Have strong news judgement to select the markets, finance, economics and policy stories important to our clients.
- Build video and graphics elements and conceptualize ways to present data on-air.
- Be a self-starter, with a can-do attitude and a passion for our programming and content.
- Be a team-player, with strong communication skills to work with a global team across Asia-Pacific, U.S. and EMEA.
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of TV newsroom and control room experience in a live news environment
- Proven recent and relevant business news experience
- Strong news judgement with a focus on global business and economics
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility in working hours, including early starts
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We would love to see:
- Knowledge of the region's business environment and financial markets would be an advantage.
- Experience in field work or long-form programmes would also be a plus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply, and we'll get in touch and let you know the next steps!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.