Head of Lifecycle Marketing, Engagement
New York, NY
Posted Oct 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 110907
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg QuickTake to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF THE ROLE
We’re seeking a highly-motivated marketing leader to join our Consumer Marketing team, reporting to our Head of Lifecycle Marketing. In this role, you’ll lead global marketing initiatives across our owned & operated channels to engage and retain our growing audience of paid subscribers. You’ll work with partners across the company to design innovative marketing strategies, and you’ll lead a high-functioning team to execute across email, app, and on-site to intimately understand our customers and how best to serve them to yield maximum revenue and retention.
The right person for this role will be a marketing athlete with deep expertise in CRM/lifecycle marketing. You’ll be flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities. You are a creative, innovative problem solver who always puts the customer first. You’ve had experience in content marketing and have a personal interest in news and current events. You’re always on top of the latest digital trends and bring new ideas to the table.
We’ll trust you to:
- Drive the roadmap, strategy and execution of lifecycle marketing to onboard, engage, upsell and retain subscribers with personalized, targeted and relevant marketing experiences
- Build and coach a high-performing team of marketers and functional experts to work across email, app, and .com
- Pioneer our expansion in to new owned marketing channels, including web and app push, SMS, and in-app
- Collaborate closely with Editorial teams across Digital, TV, Radio and more to design content-first engagement and retention tactics, including overseeing our newsletter program
- Drive constant ‘test and learn’ methodology to improve our lifecycle program and subscriber experience, leveraging customer segmentation and personalization.
- Engage with colleagues in product and engineering to enhance our ESP functionality and unlock new engagement capabilities
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Product, Research, and more to identify and define new features and functionalities that would drive habitual product usage
- Proactively communicate channel performance trends cross-organizationally to support various teams including Editorial, Sales and Marketing
- Define goals and critical metrics to track performance of our engagement marketing program
- Develop regular reporting and play a key role in business reviews (QBRs/MBRs), annual plans and budgeting
- Adapt, learn quickly and be inventive
- 7+ years of marketing experience, including deep expertise in CRM
- 1+ years of people management experience with both direct and indirect reports
- Comprehensive marketing knowledge and experience across multiple channels and across all platforms (mobile/desktop web, app, connected devices, etc.)
- Direct-to-consumer marketing experience and/or subscriptions experience a plus, especially in media
- Proven ability to anticipate content trends and apply cross-channel learnings from and to email and mobile channels
- Ability to work at a “heads up” strategic level and “heads down” tactical level, owning both strategy and execution while driving operational excellence.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of omni-channel communication platforms and customer data & analytics platforms such as Braze, Iterable, Salesforce, ActionIQ, Amplitude, Looker, Tableau, Appsflyer
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to illustrate impact and drive decision making.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills with an eye for good email & ad copy.
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Naturally strong marketing instincts with the ability to empathize with our subscribers.
- Ability to stay on-top of industry trends and best practices, ensuring the team is focused on the right opportunities.
You'll need to have:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.?
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 155,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus