Bloomberg Intelligence - Equity Research Analyst Asia Chemicals APAC - Singapore
Posted Nov 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 111073
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis on 135 industries and over 2,000 companies, industry data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
We are looking for a highly motivated research analyst to join our team focusing on the Asian Industrial and Consumer Chemical Materials sector. You'll be responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring investment research on companies You will be entrusted to deliver high quality and timely content while also growing our data offering.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your knowledge of Asia chemical material market to actively create industry and company investment research on a regular basis.
- Be a subject matter expert in markets for materials used in the technology, power and electric transport sectors
- Monitor, interpret and react to major company developments, and identify macro themes and trends affecting global supply chains and industries under your coverage.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Work closely with our global team of Bloomberg Intelligence analysts and strategists to coordinate and collaborate on analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, industry and market professionals, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Participate and initiate marketing events like webinars, round-tables and conferences to commercialize research ideas.
- Work with Global Data teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
- Work closely with our regional analysts and our global team of analysts located in Asia, Europe and the U.S.
You need to have:
- At least 5 years of equity research experience specialising in the chemicals, industrial and consumer material sectors
- Experience in a sell-side or buy side research analysis role
- Experience interpreting financial statements and financial modelling
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organization skills, and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin for regional and China market coverage
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.