Engineering Team Lead - Bloomberg.com Media Ads
New York, NY
Posted Nov 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 111118
Bloomberg Media supplies global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion, and market data distributed on every platform! Our flagship website, Bloomberg.com, serves over 65 million unique visitors a month and consistently ranks among the top 10 most visited news and financial sites on the internet.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Team Leader with an experience and interest in modern web frontend development with a specific focus on Ads. The team is responsible for the Ads business across Bloomberg.com. You will work with Product, Design, Editorial, Ad Operations, Ad Sales and other Engineering teams to further Bloomberg.com’s reputation as a best-in-class publisher with a highly-desirable audience and deliver products which differentiate us from our competitors.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll work with modern open-source web technologies (NodeJS, ReactJS, NextJS etc.), public cloud infrastructure, CDN, Kubernetes, & networking technologies for running the platform. We’ll depend on you to advise on the system design, architecture, and scalability of the applications that play a meaningful role in serving news, custom content, and ads to the Bloomberg.com users.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead a team of software engineers and help them achieve their career goals
- Contribute technically on the team including system design, architectural and code reviews and being hands-on based on the team's needs
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast-moving team
- Overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Explore and evaluate the value of new and emerging web technologies
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years in modern frontend technologies (e.g. NodeJS, ReactJS, VueJS, HTML, CSS, JS, Typescript)
- 2+ years in a leadership, managing and coaching globally distributed teams and influencing third party technology strategy
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of ad measurement and how it functions (such as viewability, engagement rates, IVT, CTR).
- Experience with the Google Ads ecosystem, consent management platforms (GDPR, CCPA) and industry standard Ad vendors (MOAT, IAS).
- Ability to drive ad load speed improvements.
We'd love to see:
- Passion for thinking through innovative ways to drive revenue via our commercial teams.
- An eye for driving ad innovation for Bloomberg to be competitive in market, keeping a pulse on industry trends.
- Experience with web performance challenges delivering content and ads to a global audience (progressive enhancement, performance budgets, SpeedIndex optimization, CDNs).
- Contributions to any open source web projects or JS libraries
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 200,000 - 300,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus