Bloomberg Live - Senior Programming Director (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Nov 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 111379
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
As Senior Programming Director, you will work closely with the Bloomberg Live New York editorial team and the Global Editor of Bloomberg Live to help develop sophisticated, news-making programming that enhances Bloomberg's editorial mission, burnishes our brand in the marketplace and is commercially successful.
Crucially, you will program and produce a fast-paced series of in-person events (with virtual extensions) that focus on enterprise technology across multiple sectors of business, finance and technology, primarily in North America but also, possibly, in Europe and the Pacific region.
You'll be expected to:
- Work with the Bloomberg Live editorial team in New York, London and Singapore to conceive and execute editorially-driven panels, interviews and/or presentations for a series of enterprise technology themed events.
- Build and maintain the event series website
- Collect and post speaker photos and bios
- Oversee speaker outreach efforts, including researching appropriate speakers for each event; and be responsible for all editorial aspects of the event series
- Work with Bloomberg journalists and analysts to moderate editorial sessions at the events
- Ensure that the events you help create are consistent with Bloomberg's editorial mission and standards.
- A minimum of eight years of journalism or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in developing high-concept or buzz-worthy panels, feature stories or television interviews, using global executives and/or newsmakers
- Strong knowledge of international business news, particularly in areas of finance and technology
- Open to new commercial models
- A strong external network of newsmakers that can be relied on for ideas, bookings, and expanded relationships
- Creativity and innovation in all formats and concepts
- The ability to juggle multiple assignments with good time management skills
- Experience booking for live events and/or television and radio strongly preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.?
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 48 - 60 USD Hourly