Senior Software Engineer - Artificial Intelligence Group
Posted Dec 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 111388
The AI Group is the central engineering group responsible for driving Machine Learning (ML) adoption at Bloomberg, with over 200 researchers and engineers working together to provide clients with the best-in-class news, research, market data, and analytics using innovative machine learning technology. We directly impact a wide variety of our flagship products, including news, research, pricing, communications platforms, search and discovery tools. We work on a variety of ML fields, including natural language processing, information retrieval, time series analysis, and recommender systems.
Some projects where we are looking for experienced software engineers include: unified search, question answering, query parsing, financial instrument (e.g., fixed income) pricing, dialogue understanding. Our engineers are responsible for architecting and implementing services end-to-end, overcoming unique challenges that come with machine learning systems in the financial domain. In addition, we contribute to open source; contributions we have made and work with include Solr, Koan, KFServing, Cloud Native Buildpacks and PyTorch Lightning that directly impact our production services.
Broadly, we are looking for colleagues who are passionate about software engineering and who want to learn more about:
- Parallel and distributed systems like Kubernetes, OpenMPI, Apache Kafka
- Applied Machine Learning frameworks like PyTorch, scikit-learn, TensorFlow
- Data-driven frameworks like Apache Spark, Apache Solr, Pandas, Apache Hadoop
If all of this sounds like the projects you are passionate about and want to work on, apply! Do check out our blog at https://TechAtBloomberg.com/AI and learn more about our projects and research.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with colleagues on production machine-learning systems and applications
- Design, experiment, and evaluate software systems
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code
- Represent Bloomberg at conferences and open-source communities
- Demonstrate technical leadership by owning cross-team projects
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support fault tolerant and testable systems
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- An honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/ (http://www.techatbloomberg.com/)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.