Exchanges Technical Account Manager
New York, NY
Posted Nov 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 111545
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world! In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. The Content Acquisition & Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring and integrating content and data from Exchanges, Brokers, Sell-side and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream products.
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to sophisticated problems. We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the Exchange Data & Business team.
This role involves working closely with a variety of different departments across the firm such as Engineering, Sales, Networks, Enterprise Solutions and Exchanges in order to ensure the successful delivery of exchange products to Bloomberg customers. Product owners are required to lead many projects simultaneously and perform a combination of responsibilities such as creating comprehensive business requirements, conducting analysis, collaborating closely with exchanges, interpreting new exchange announcements, and facilitating product releases in multiple manners including testing.
We’ll trust you to:
- Handle all technical aspects of market-data related projects driven either by the exchange or Bloomberg aimed at enhancing the existing market-data setup or adding new data and/or products
- Ensure the successful delivery of exchange products to Bloomberg customers by meeting non-negotiable deadlines
- Manage relationships and coordinate projects with the exchange, including calls/visits as needed
- Act as the subject matter specialist for the technologies that exchanges utilize to deliver data content to vendors as well as the technical specifications set out by the exchange to assess the impact of changes
- Be the conduit between the Business and Engineering by interpreting business needs into project requirements and effectively communicating these with Engineering and other involved parties
- Translate exchange documentation and technical specifications into business deliverables for new exchange data on Bloomberg
- Prioritize projects and manage expectations to both our internal and external partners
- Collaborate closely with the Data Model (DM) team to ensure adherence to Bloomberg Data Model standards for the movement and transformation of market data through Bloomberg’s Feeds Infrastructure
- Collaborate with the DM team to have new DM features designed/released
- Conduct testing both pre-production and post-release
- Effectively run the project from start to finish, from requirements gathering to postproduction release
- Function as the overall escalation point for any issues with exchange market data
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance or related fields
- 3+ Years of relevant work experience
- Experience working for an Exchange or in the Market Data industry
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have attention to detail and be technically minded
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation & organizational skills
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of Market Data connectivity
- Knowledge of FIX and/or other message protocols
- Experience in data analytics tools; business intelligence tools or similar tool set
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus