Financial Research Data Analyst – ESG
Posted Nov 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 111662
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real-time financial information available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide portfolio managers with information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company.
What’s the role?
As a Financial Research Data Analyst for ESG you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of industry and company data to support Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) research. Research data analysts work closely with experienced research analysts on the BI team to learn the ins and outs of conducting investment research while ensuring that Bloomberg offers the best-in-class data driven research in the market.
With Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Sustainable Finance at the heart of Bloomberg’s global strategy, ESG focused teams now work across the organisation in Global Data, Global Products and Global Research & Media. BI ESG team leverages Bloomberg's differentiated platform, proprietary technology, data analytics, and culture of innovation - to deliver unique ESG and thematic insight and solutions to our clients.
In this role, you will be supporting the development of BI ESG research franchise in EMEA and also have the opportunity to contribute to broader ESG initiatives within Bloomberg and in the markets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain and improve comprehensiveness of ESG data content on BI dashboards in a timely and accurate manner;
- Support BI ESG team in research project, maintain data specific to research projects and deliver exhibits to input in reports;
- Attain in-depth knowledge of all aspects of ESG disclosure, such as carbon emissions, proxy voting, ESG ETFs and ESG Debt;
- Manage large and complex data projects related to ESG datasets, such as ESG Scoring, Carbon -Transition and Historical Carbon Estimates;
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes;
- Learn about and provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on BI functionality and ESG and sustainability data content;
- Identify current gaps and working with partners to onboard new data sets;
- Contribute to BI research content, including charting and visual support;
- Build relationships and work closely with the BI ESG team and overtime foster collaboration with other BI research analysts;
- Liaise with other departments, such as, Product, Sales and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases.
You’ll need to have:
- Knowledge and demonstrable understanding of the ESG market, with preference for prior experience in an ESG data or research role;
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel, VBA a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly stakeholder management;
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly;
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically;
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams and improve and further develop our products.
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor's or/and Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or in a Sustainability subject;
- CFA designation or ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination (or working towards it) Experience with or knowledge of Bloomberg Intelligence and/or ESG data products and competitors landscape;
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner with ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters;
- Experience transforming workflows into more timely and efficient processes;
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming for example SQL and/or Python.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org