Accounts Payable Representative (Japanese speaker) – Hong Kong
Posted Nov 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 111666
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business successfully, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. We are the team to ensure that company's payables are legitimate and accurate, and we provide a professional customer service to internal and external stakeholders, as well as consistently maintain controls. In this role you will be working on various aspects of Accounts Payable processing in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Our team manages relationships with internal and external partners to accurately and promptly deal with payments to all Asia-Pacific vendors across many lines of businesses.
We are looking for someone with a love of all things Finance who possesses great attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills. You will be responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned to you and to provide a positive experience for those you work with.
You have the ability to balance high workload yet understand the importance of controls. You have excellent communication and prioritization skills, an ability to present ideas about process improvements and to question status quo. You thrive in a dynamic, open-plan, team environment, and you know what customer service really means.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger for Asia-Pacific region
- Process high volume of invoices and propose ideas to drive automation
- Collaborate confidently with a range of people at various levels within the organization in order to drive efficiencies in processes and achieve targets
- Ensure invoices are compliant, and that they are allocated to the accurate department, company code, vendor, Purchase Order (where applicable), and tax code
- Expertly take care of various internal partners and vendor queries in a timely manner, including responses to payment related issues
- Consistently meet deadlines for ad hoc accounting tasks, projects and controls
- Learn, monitor and handle internal processes at departmental level, troubleshoot errors and be accountable to deliver to stakeholders, vendors and management with excellence service
- Be a great teammate, participating willingly and acting in support of the Global Accounting Operations business unit and the overall business objectives
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent experience
- Ideally have work experience in Accounts Payable or equivalent for at least 3-5 years
- Invoice processing knowledge
- Effective corporate communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Business level proficiency in Japanese and English
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in using SAP
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation or Electronic Data Interchange
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.