Sustainable Finance Quantitative Researcher
Posted May 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 111718
Bloomberg's Index and ESG Quant Research supports various products that serve global asset owners and managers. A core group mandate is the integration of ESG and sustainability-related data and models into the investment process.We are seeking a quantitative researcher to specialise in investor workflows, including the creation of indices and portfolios, involving climate-related goals or targets as primary objectives. The successful candidate will be passionate about developing models for wider sustainable and ESG-aware investments and encouraging further commercial opportunities.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop tools and strategies for constructing climate-aware portfolios across all asset classes
- Communicate clearly through face-to-face meetings, presentations and written publications- Perform literature reviews and keep apprised of sustainable investing research
- Collaborate with analysts, data and production implementation teams- Propose and substantiate new research ideas
You’ll need to have:
- Proven expertise in quantitative analysis techniques, including knowledge and experience with a range of data sources and statistical analysis.
- Ability to explain results and model features to non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with climate regulations, climate pathways and models for climate risk.
You will need to have:
- PhD or Master's degree in quantitative field such as Environmental/Earth Science, Quantitative Finance, Economics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills- 2+ years* post-degree experience that includes:- Working with climate and ESG models- Implementing quantitative models in Python- Cross-team collaboration and client interaction
We’d love to see:
Experience with portfolio construction, factor models and optimisation is a plus
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org