Bloomberg Data, Research Technical Account Manager, Singapore
Posted Nov 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 111773
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Content Acquisition & Business Management team (CABM) is an integral part of the Global Data department. We lead the governance, cost, and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Technical Account manager, based in the Singapore office. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content partners; you will be handling incoming queries and technical issues, as well as proactively working with our partners to ensure their Research content is delivered in an accurate, timely and effective manner. To do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
We'll trust you to:
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with the research content providers by having a deep understanding of the technology they use, their data goals and challenges in order to offer outstanding services
- Work closely with a global team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers and product managers to better understand our clients' data needs or trends to set company strategy around research data acquisition and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it
- Optimise data ingestion workflows by understanding the data infrastructure internally and externally to improve data quality, helping the clients to maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Become a true subject matter expert in research data by utilising business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition and data content improvements
You'll need to have:
- 1-4 years of recent work experience in the Financial Services Industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience in RIXML and at least one of the following programming languages: Python, SQL or VBA
- Demonstrated experience of at least one of the asset classes e.g. Equities or Derivatives or Fixed Income etc.
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate clients’ data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
- Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing C level executives in order to develop long-lasting business relationships and design effective data acquisition strategies
- Shown ability to collaborate with global team of account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers, product managers and engineering to improve the quality of data products
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Strong project management, writing, presentation & organisational skills
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.