Bloomberg Data, Exchanges Content Analyst, Hong Kong
Posted Nov 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 111831
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Data team, we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
You're on the pulse of market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems. We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the exchange data & business team in our Singapore office. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment to deliver the highest quality real-time data to our customers across all asset classes such as equities, derivatives & fixed income.
You are responsible for developing real-time market data feeds from exchanges. This includes managing projects, building relationships, negotiating contracts and providing support to our clients for exchange market data. You will focus on providing our clients (both internal and external) with high-level customer service on all questions related to our exchanges data. In addition, you will lead projects to improve workflows, automate, maintain and improve existing content. You will work closely with our clients, Exchanges, Engineering and other internal teams to ensure successful support and delivery of Exchange products to Bloomberg customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with the exchanges by having a deep understanding of the technology they use, their data goals and challenges to offer outstanding services
- Manage existing exchange data content and provide front-line support for all exchange market data on Bloomberg
- Liaise with various internal teams such as Data, Engineering, Product, Sales and clients to improve workflows, automate, maintain and improve existing content
- Act as the main point of contact for any issues with exchange market data and support the Data teams to resolve problems, improve data quality and on-board new content
- Become a true subject matter expert in exchange market data and build up an in-depth understanding of how our customers consume market data
You’ll need to have:
- 1-4 years of recent work experience in the Financial Services Industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience of at least one asset class e.g. Equities or Derivatives or Fixed Income etc.
- Demonstrated experience in one of the following programming languages - Python/SQL/VBA
- Demonstrated experience in proactively identifying gaps within existing processes and taking the initiative to drive process improvements, operational and workflow efficiency
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to take a logical approach and apply critical thinking skills in order to solve problems
- Demonstrated experience in foundational project management including an ability to develop project plans
- The ability to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation
- Strong project management, writing, presentation & organisational skills
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.