Senior Software Engineer - Market Data Distribution
Posted Nov 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 111868
Who we are:
The Ticker Plant is the beating heart of our market data infrastructure that pumps more than 100 billion discrete events to downstream applications and users every single day. Ticker Plant’s mission is to aggregate, enrich and disseminate real time market data ranging from niche hand-priced venues to the trading centers of the global financial system. We make all this accessible with the stroke of a key via the user-facing Bloomberg Terminal as well as programmatically through our range of Enterprise solutions that form the backbone of today’s financial institutions.
If Ticker Plant is the heart of market data infrastructure, Market Data Distribution (MDD) is its circulatory system. Within Ticker Plant, the MDD team is responsible for the coordinated movement of the ticks that describe those 100 billion+ discrete events. Whether for inbound or outbound data, our challenges are largely the same: to provide a platform that can ingest and redistribute data reliably (without loss), resiliently (fault-tolerant), at scale (hundreds of hosts, billions of ticks), globally and regionally, and all in real-time with minimal latency.
As a Software Engineer with Market Data Distribution, you will:
- Work on one of the largest market data distribution infrastructure networks in the industry
- Join a global group in the early stages of a major multi-year system re-architecture
- Work on mission critical infrastructure
- Design robust, maintainable, high-performance code in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Take responsibility for the full SDLC, from understanding the needs of the business to coding, deployment and maintenance
- Closely work with a group of highly motivated, intelligent, and focused engineers
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience programming in C++
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Experience building gPRC/GraphQL/REST services
- Functional expertise building microservices
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.