Equities Reporter - Beijing
Posted Nov 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 111989
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are looking for a China stocks reporter to join the team in Hong Kong and build our coverage of one of the world’s largest and most important equity markets. From covering sweeping regulatory crackdowns on private enterprise to investigating China's potential reopening, this reporter will need to understand all of the forces and nuances that can impact markets.
You are able to break news, develop deep market sources to produce real-time reports on stock moves and analyze key corporate results for traders while keeping abreast of the latest market trends and regulatory changes. The ideal candidate will be someone who can excel at the day-to-day coverage of the market as well as write longer-form features and enterprise stories by speaking to the most influential investors locally and abroad.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write insightful stories analyzing market trends on deadline
- Build and tap into a source base across the industry from traders to money managers
- Monitor stock and index moves and explain reasons behind those moves to our readers
- Mine the Bloomberg terminal for smart, data-driven stories
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on the Equities Team globally and others throughout News, including digital platforms.
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Be innovative and creative in writing and formatting stories
You need to have:
- At least 3 years of financial journalism or markets experience
- Previous experience in a real-time breaking news environment
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- The ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Proficiency in Cantonese or Mandarin is not mandatory but highly preferred
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.