Equities Reporter New York
New York, NY
Posted Dec 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 112150
Bloomberg News is seeking an Equities Reporter to cover the biggest stories in the U.S. stock market -- everything from the latest stock craze to the most spectacular implosion while also reporting on the group of shares that are challenging Big Tech's supremacy as the main driver of US equities.
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world and our global equities team covers the regional markets, as well as break news on individual stocks and market events. Few organizations can keep up with the fast-paced, 24/7 nature of today's media coverage; even fewer can claim to have helped shape it. Bloomberg has long been a leading source of data and news and presents one of the most exciting environments in financial journalism. Bloomberg offers an outstanding chance to produce real-time stories that shape the markets and our world.
We will trust you to:
- Be well sourced base across the industry, with your finger on the pulse of what's driving the market's most interesting moves each day
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on the Equities Team globally
- Break news and write insightful stories analyzing market trends on deadline
- Produce and promote content across all our platforms -- from the terminal, to QuickTakes and our magazines as well as on television.
- Experience in financial news and business reporting and a strong interest in both
- Proven knowledge and experience with a granular understanding of the US stock market
- Deep equity-market contacts
- Solid news judgment and report with speed and accuracy
- Be innovative and creative in writing and formatting stories
You will need:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 115,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus