Technical Specialist - Triage Operations (Contract)
Posted Aug 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 112447
Bloomberg’s Triage Operations team sits at the heart of the Bloomberg technology Platform, owning the 24/7 front-line application support for all ENG applications including software roll out, general troubleshooting, and escalation of error conditions. We hire creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by problems of scale and complexity, with a strong desire to make services better both for coworkers and end-users.
Members of the team are flexible on work location and should be able to work in Passaic County NJ, Middlesex County NJ, or Orangeburg NY on all shifts depending on the business need.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll be part of a highly creative, dynamic, and innovative team environment that provides 24x7x365 coverage within our data centers. You’ll work closely with various groups including system administration, application development, and SRE teams. You will be integral to the design, implementation, and support of operational procedures on different hardware Platforms that make up the Bloomberg Computer environment. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in special projects such as designing, testing, and implementing processes that the operations staff handles.
We’ll trust you to:
- Improve operational efficiency by championing standardization and innovation
- Utilize good technical, multitasking and interpersonal skills to help drive outages to resolution
- Be ambitious, able to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines
- Be process-oriented and help develop runbooks and other technical documentation
- Stay up to date with new technologies, identifying those technologies/strategies that can help the company's automation efforts
We’d love to see:
- 2+ years of: computer operations background, understanding of data centers, and data communications and experience working with Unix/Linux (RHEL/Ubuntu, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with Salt or Ansible for orchestration (preferably Salt)
- Excellent written and verbal communications interpersonal and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of: Jira concepts and SDLC framework
- Experience providing and automating day to day systems administration duties; Shell (Bourne), Perl, or Python scripting abilities
- Experience with open-source metric analytics & visualization tools (such as Grafana, Splunk, and Humio) and multiple open-source automation and management tool-set knowledge (includes: Chef, Ruby, GitHub, Salt, Artifactory, etc., to name a few)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 44 - 52 USD Hourly