Senior Software Engineer - Trade Automation & Execution
New York, NY
Posted Dec 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 112669
The financial industry hinges on one simple act: the trade. When our customers want to exchange value with other parties, they need to be able to do so with ease and immediacy, and are able to do so using solutions such as those provided by the Trade Automation and Execution team (TRAAX). With trillions of dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on performance.
Our TRAAX offerings integrate with the breadth and depth of Bloomberg’s other capabilities across the trade lifecycle for all asset classes — including data science and automation. Our team is where product-minded engineers who want to build distributed systems thrive.
Find more about Bloomberg’s trading products here: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/trading/
We are looking for colleagues who are passionate about software engineering and who want to work with:
- Scalable and high availability distributed systems
- Development of workflow-driven applications and concurrent programming
- Developer tools such as Git, Googletest, Jenkins, and Splunk
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technologies to push our products to new heights
- You will learn from and work with an inclusive and diverse team of engineers
- You’ll be encouraged to engage with the community through Bloomberg’s philanthropic endeavors
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
You can check out more about how we work and what it means to be a TRAAX Senior Software Engineer at Bloomberg in our blog post: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-team-trade-automation-analytics-execution-engineering/
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a creative approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application.
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what we’ve been working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus